What is i-Lipo treatment?
i-Lipo is an FDA cleared non-surgical fat-reduction procedure. Unlike surgical liposuction, the low-level laser energy of i-Lipo doesn’t remove fat cells, and it doesn’t destroy them, like many other non-surgical body-contouring treatments. Instead, it shrinks body fat by breaking down fat cell contents called triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol, which your body naturally eliminates through the lymphatic system.
This cold laser treatment is primarily used to help take inches off the waist, hips, and thighs as well as the neck, upper arms, and other body areas. (Like other fat reduction treatments, it is not a weight-loss solution.)
If you are interested in the benefits of body contouring, contact us today to get your consultation scheduled.
What happens during an i-Lipo treatment?
An i-Lipo treatment takes about an hour. Because i-Lipo’s low levels of laser energy are painless, you will not need any anesthesia. They also will not damage any of the surrounding structures in your tissue—only the fat cell membranes.
You will lie down, and four laser pads are placed on the targeted areas. The energy emitted by the pads’ 36 laser diodes triggers a chemical signal in the fat cells, causing them to break down stored triglycerides (your body’s natural energy reserves) and release them through the cell membranes as free fatty acids and glycerol.
What are the pros of i-Lipo?
- It requires no incisions or anesthesia.
- The procedure itself is painless, with no reported side effects, and it’s suitable for all skin types and tones.
- Downtime is minimal to nonexistent, so you will be able to resume normal activity right away.
- It is more affordable than traditional liposuction.
- You may lose a few inches from your waist, hips, thighs, or other body parts.